Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Thing #20: Teacher Tube


Currently my students and I are learning about the Civil War and playing with Photo Story, so this video was perfect!
I love how many digital videos are available through different avenues. However, it's sometimes cumbersome to go through the volume of results, and then sort through the ones that are actually made by children. It's great to have places for students to "produce" to on the internet, but sometimes I think it would be better to have a separate place for students' work. A few sources about digital storytelling are Center_for_digital_storytelling and UH-Digital_Storytelling. I have had lots of fun learning how to make digital stories! They are so simple, but can be very powerful! It will be something I try to introduce my students to every year from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment