Sunday, August 8, 2010

Tool #11 - what I learned

Two tools I hope to add to my teaching this year are a class wiki or blog so students can have a place to "discuss" what they are reading and learning. This will allow students across classes to be able to discuss book club books and expand their knowledge and comprehension. I also want to use more of the image generators, especially Glogster as a way for students to create something representative of their learning.
I think more of the learning in my classroom will be done on an individual basis through the use of videos, links, and webquests through technology. I see the iTouch as a very useful tool for students to use as a resource as well. If they need to know the definition of a word or replay a video it can happen instantly through the dictionary.com app or video podcasts.
I enjoyed seeing all the different tools that are available for me to use, however it took a lot of time to explore and learn how to use them. I wish the course would have had more group worktimes set up so that we could help and support one another. I feel that even splitting it up into segments of one or two tools a month would be more beneficial than trying to get it all done over the course of 2 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment