Friday, July 23, 2010

Tool #6 - Wikis

I have been concerned lately while inviting students to create digital projects about how to help educate them about copyright and giving credit to their sources. I LOVE the wiki of copyright friendly sites! It is a great source to use when helping students use and create mulitmedia. We need to make sure we encourage students to use information responsibly.
I also loved seeing all the things posted by Mrs. Abernathy's Fifth graders. It seems like her class must be self-contained, and she keeps them very involved in uploading and creating items to use in their blog and wiki. What a great melding of technology with the learning that is obviously taking place. I love all her resources and links, too. I will go back there to use some of the websites as we study historical eras during the year.
I have started a wiki, and have attempted to use it for posting reading responses. It was difficult for me to manage or know how much to REQUIRE or leave as an OPTION. I think I will try again this year to have this as a place for both sections of my class to post and extend their book discussions.

1 comment:

  1. There are some good ideas here for using the tools in the classroom. I'll definitely be checking out your blog on often.

    ReplyDelete