Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Thing #9: Finding your wise circle

The trouble with blogs is that everyone thinks they are an expert and that everyone should listen to them! The great thing about blogs is that your thoughts might matter to someone, and through this great tool your voice is heard! So, how do I choose who to listen to and who to pass up? If I don't find the right bloggers, I may end up missing out on something that could really impact me.

So how does one navigate through what people put out there? If I'm looking for a blog, I think Google Blog Search is the easiest tool out there. It finds blogs that relate to any topic you can think of. I found so many great blogs about being a mom that I'm going to have to go back later and pick my favorites! Check out Vanessa Van Petten's Best mom blogs posting!

For professional blogs, I turned to the EduBlog award winners to start. I found: Tipline and
TechLearning to add to my RSS feed. Each of these blogs adds a new tip each day which I thought would be wonderful resources that I could read at my leisure as compared to a listserv which would inundate my "in box". I also found that SBISD's very own Vaughn had won "Best librarian/library" award! She IS fun to read and always has something valuable to say. Way to go Vaughn!

It seems as though it will be an ongoing search. As I read more blogs, I figure I will find more people - and blogs - I like and trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment